Friday, June 8, 2007

What a couple of weeks!

Hello all! I have not posted in a couple of weeks because it has been truly crazy around here! I have been on an emotional rollercoaster, but things are good now.

Phil had a surprise party for me, to celebrate my 30th birthday, on June 2nd! Boy did he get me good! I had suspicions a couple of times but they were always explained away really well. My very good friend Lynne took me out to lunch at Panara and then we went to the driving range to hit some balls. None of this seemed strange to me because we always do things for each other on our birthdays. On the way home she called her daughter to tell her that we were about 10 min away, which again did not seem strange to be checking in on the kids. As we turned onto our street I was chatting away and did not look down at my house until we got closer. When I looked up I saw my driveway full of people! I said some very naughty four letter words and hid my face with my purse! My sister finally had to come down to the car and drag me out. Once I got out I saw so many people that I just love. He had my family here, my friends, the teachers that I work with, and neighbors! We ended up parting into the wee hours of the next morning, it's a good thing that the neighbors were here with us or I think the police would have been called for the noise. I could not have had a better birthday! I will always remember my 30th, thanks to Phil. He is such an amazing husband! Thanks, honey!

So there I was on an ultimate high when I crashed, hard! The last day of school was June 5th and boy did it hit me. I was so sad walking out of the building on Tuesday that I could not even speak. I ended up crying all of the way home, thank goodness the boys took the bus home that day. It was so hard leaving a job that I love, with people that I love! I have never had to do something like this. I really want to be a teacher and I really want to have my own classroom and I know that the only way to get those things is to leave my job and go to school. I have been talking about this for such a long time that I did not think I had a problem with it. I guess I was in serious denial! I was almost tempted to turn around, run back in to the office, and say nevermind hire me back!! I of course did not do that. I am pushing myself to move on to bigger and better things even though it is hard. I spent most of Wednesday being sad until a friend of mine from school called me and asked me to go biking every Friday. Now I know that I will move on and keep these wonderful people with me. It won't be the same but it is something.

So, my emotional rollercoaster has rolled into the gate until another day. I just got back from our first bike ride and had an awesome time. We rode bikes for 3 hours and ended up in Boone county. (Which is the county to the East of us) I plan on just enjoying summer and taking each day as it comes.

Happy summer to all of you.

P.S. I have a 6th grader and a 4th grader now! Ahhhhh, Lord help me!!!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

congrats on your decision! I'm so proud of you going back to school. I think it's wonderful! I had a wonderful time at your party, wish I was awake enough to have staying and partied with you into the wee hours of the morning!!! How did your kids get so old all the sudden??? Have a wonderful summer!!!!!