Friday, June 15, 2007

10 YEARS!!!

Yesterday Phil and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. Celebrate is an awfully big word to put on what we did actually. Life does go on. He had to work, the boys had baseball, ect., ect. I actually got to see him for the first time at 8:45 last night. Oh, and he had to work again today so we were in bed asleep by 10:00. Are we party animals or what? We are going to spend all day Saturday with just the four of us though and then we are going out alone Saturday night. So that will be our real celebration

WARNING: HERE COMES THE SAPPY PART!

I am so glad to have spent the last 10 years married to Phil. I truly love him with every part of my being and not everyone can say that. He has been a wonderful husband to me and an awesome father to Joe and Jimmy. That's not to say that it has been all wine and roses. We have had our tough times, our hills and valleys, and we will have more to come I am sure. But I am proud to say that we have worked through all the tough times together with love and confidence that both of us are here for the long haul.

So in honor of our 10 years here are 10 things I still love about Phil.

10. He can still make me laugh or smile. Even when I am really pissed off at him he has the abiltity to make me smile or giggle.

9. He is so giving. He rarely thinks of himself first it is always about the boys and me.

8. His beautiful blue eyes. I have always been able to get lost in them and I still can. I truly can look at his eyes and know what he is thinking and feeling. I see his soul!

7. His passion for things in life. Whatever hobby he picks up in life he is able to apply true passion to it. He has pulled the car over in the middle of a wooded area just to listen to the cicadas. That's his passion for nature. I love it!

6. He is so talented. He amazes me everytime he shoots a picture. He sees things that I just don't see. I can be right beside him on a bridge and he finds the beauty is something I just didn't see. My walls are full of beautiful pictures due to his photogenic eye!

5. His family values. I love the fact that family has always come first for him. Even when I met him and he was only 17 years old. Family was and still is his priority.

4. He works so damn hard. Phil works awful 12 hour shifts sometimes 4-5 days in a row. He does this all so that the boys and I can live the life we are living.

3. His sense of humor. Anyone that knows Phil knows that he is a prankster. I love it! It keeps me on my toes!

2. He is an awesome father. I wish that my father could have been 1/2 the father that Phil is. He knows when to be funny with them, when to be serious with them, and how to raise them to be proper gentlemen. I get all tingly just watching him play catch with the boys or having a serious father son converstation with Joey. Now, that's sexy!

1. He is my best friend. Since day one he has been my go to guy. He is the one person in the world that I am completly comfortable with. I can be made up or looking pretty sad and he would never show a difference in his love for me. He tells me that I am sexy either way. I can be having a really bad PMS week and he still tells me he loves me. I can be truly 100% myself with him and I love him for that!

So here is to 10 more wonderful years with a wonderful man!

P.S. Sorry for the sap, but you were warned!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Molly, that was so sweet! You 2 have a wonderful relationship and family. Congratulations on 10 years!

Amy said...

Congratulations!!!! I know its been a rollercoaster ride, but you two are perfect. Looks like all of us got a little sappy this week!! Happy Anniversary!!

Coleman Family Facts said...

Congrats on 10 years, it is truly something to be proud of! It is lots of work staying married, especially happily, for that long and you 2 are great examples. Here is to Many, Many, More! Love you Both!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!
And love you both, too!
Aunt Betty

Unknown said...

Congratulations on 10 years, and here's to many more!

Unknown said...

Mol, that was just wonderful to read. I'm so happy for you and Phil and your two incredible little men. Congratulations and happy 10th -- you rock!!