Friday, May 9, 2008

T.G.I.F.

Man, what a long week it has been.

I had 3 of my 4 finals which all of you know is very draining. On top of that I had so much to do with the boys and it was Phil's long week at work. It was Teacher Appreciation week at the school and I am a room mom and the secretary of the Booster Club so I had a lot to do. Pretty much everyday this week I have been in the school doing something for the teachers. It started at the beginning of the week presenting gifts and serving food and it ended today when I was at Joey's school from 11-1:30 helping the 6th graders make their Tye-Dyed shirts for their field trip and field day!

On top of everything at the school baseball season started. That means that I am out at the ball field 4 nights a week from now through the end of July. The early games run from 5-7:30 which puts us home close to 8. We had one late game this week that didn't even start until 7:45. Try waking up 2 boys the next day who, like their mother, require a certain amount of sleep. All three of us were very crabby....NOT FUN!!

A couple of stats for you...Joey's team started out rough on Tuesday losing the first game but they came back strong on Thursday winning by a huge lead. Jimmy's team won their Monday and Wednesday games so he is a very happy boy.

I love doing all of these things and given the choice I would just do the "mom" things at the school. However, that is not the case and this week I had to squeeze all of that in with some major studying!! Well, I did it and I just have my Psychology test left on Tuesday which is not cumulative so I am not as worried. I wish that I could say I would be on summer break after that but that's not the case. I have three weeks off and then I am taking a summer math class. God help me and my poor family because math is hard enough for me in 14 weeks to do it in 7 is going to be really hard. I will muddle through though!

So, my long week is over, I have given Jimmy and his friends strict instructions and bed times and I am headed off to bed where I hopefully will not wake up until around 9 am.

P.S. Huge props to Uncle Jim on his amazing ride! I have told everyone that would listen to me talk about it, truly amazing!!

No comments: