Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm on my way and so is Ray!!

I met with one of the Rock Valley College counselors today to see exactly where I am in this long process. He had good news for me. If I take a summer class, five classes in the fall, and then five in the spring I will have my associates degree this time next year! It is worth it for me to take the heavier load of five classes and be done in May 2009 instead of December of 2009 because when it gets down to it I just want to be done with school and have a college degree in my hand!!

Speaking of college degrees my brother is graduating this Saturday. He is the first member of our immediate family to graduate college. For those of you that don't know he already has a job lined up, teaching History at Gage High School in Chicago. He has been there since last fall doing his observation and student teaching and they want him so badly that they told him not to even bother going to any job fairs or interviews. He was also their wrestling coach this year and was able to get a bunch of the boys to state for the first time! It is really wonderful to see him so fulfilled with his career. It was a long, hard road for him from Afghanistan to here and we are all very proud of him. So, think of him on Saturday and I will post pictures of our roof top party later. Way to go, Ray!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Way to go molly! Looks like we'll be receiving our Associates degrees together next May! You can do it! I have all faith in you. Please pass my congrats on to your brother!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is weird for to me to say
but i rememeber when ray was young with derek!!! i am happy for ray. He has a great job and couching wresteling is a huge plus.
i know he loves it.
i am happy for you and him