Thursday, November 29, 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!

Well I just have my village left and I will be all done with my Christmas decorations. It has taked me 3 days to get to this point. I really love our house at Christmas. Every single room gets decorated in every way. I literally remove the pictures from the wall and hang up Christmas pictures, or huge Santas, or wreaths. Christmas decortations are put on every shelf. Every banister is covered in garland and lights. It is like being in a new home for a month.

This is truly my favorite time of year. I love driving through the neighborhoods looking at all of the decorated houses. I love the music on the radio. I really love the giving spirt that most people have.

Last year we started a new tradition of staying home for Christmas Eve instead of going to my aunt and uncles with the whole family. Joey is turning 12 and we just feel like it is time to get some traditions in place for the four of us. This year we are going to do the same thing with a little twist. Instead of just sitting at home, cozy in front of the fire, we are going to go out and do some good. We are searching for a soup kitchen in or around Rockford that we could go to and serve some meals. After that we will come home and have our Christmas movies and fire just like last year. I really believe that this will show the boys the real meaning and spirit of Christmas. Not to mention that it will really make them appreciate the Christmas that they get here at our house.

On a medical note Joey has got something strange going on with his back. A few months back he showed me a growth on his lower left back. I told him that I thought it was a pimple and that it would go away. It was still there a few weeks later and I said that maybe it was a wart and we would keep an eye on it. Well it has continued to grow and is now changing color from flesh toned to red. I of course called the Dr. and we go in tomorrow at 2:00. Hopefully it will be something that they can remove right there in the office and we can be on our way. I will keep you updated.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is my favorite time of year as well! What a wonderful tradition you are starting.

Good luck with the growth thing. I hope it's no big deal!